We are using both JIRA and Confluence on the cloud. How can I see Confluence Tasks in JIRA dashboard? I read somewhere about 'Confluence Page Gadget', but not able to see the same.
Hi Rajesh,
I think you should take a look at this documentation :
Integrating JIRA and Confluence
Use JIRA applications and Confluence together
Linking a Confluence page to an EPIC
This will explain how to link JIRA and Confluence. I don't use it, so I can't really tell you whether it's what you're looking for or not, but I do hope this will help.
Regards,
Vincent
when you create content in Confluence say you create tasks summary and you would like to link them with JIRA, this is what you need to do:
Step 1
Step 2
once that is done you can actually start filtering JIRA to display Confluence tasks
I hope this helps
Thank you very much. Currently, we are managing this way. Is there any way we can avoid additional steps (Step 2)? For example meeting action items to appear in JIRA dashboard, needs to create JIRA task for all. All these action items not necessarily always attached to a project. Is there any way confluence tasks can be added as a Gadget?
Thank you very much, Vincent. Currently, we have integrated Confluence and JIRA, which works well. Yes, when creating product requirements in Confluence we are attaching to an epic. Currently, we are managing confluence tasks (say meeting action items) as mentioned in below answer by the support. I am looking how we can avoid the additional step of creating JIRA task (as action items are already created in Confluence), and show as a summary in JIRA dashboard.
I want to do exactly what you describe. I'd like to have action items from meeting notes in Confluence that are assigned using the "@" syntax show up in the Jira Dashboard. Is this possible without making everything a task in Jira as was described by Eva?
Same for me. Unfortunately the Confluence Page Gadget doesn't find/know about the /plugins/inlinetasks/mytasks.action page.
Creating a separate page with the tasks macro only works for one person and doesn't scale. Would be great to have both on one Dashboard.
Creating additional Jira issues for every Confluence task from meeting minutes is too much of a burden and we won't do it. Too many tasks in different groups of people who won't stick to it.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.