Is it possible to restrict users so they are not able to edit the original estimate. Instead they can edit the remaining estimate and log time against an issue?
Thanks,
Danny
No, JIRA does not have "field level security" that would allow you to prevent specific fields from changing.
Hi Nic,
That is a shame. Would have been good to have the original estimate uneditable once a sprint had started and the remaining estimate was the only field editable during that time.
I will look for an existing feature request ticket, if there is not one I will create one.
Hallo,
did you find any resolutions of this issue? Some add-ons?
Dm
Hi Dmitrii,
Unfortunately not. I have not been able to find a plugin that offers this functionality either.
I'm also struggling with the sprints due to same issue, Team members editing the original time estimated while sprint planning easily.. & I'm loosing the track of Original Estimated Hrs. ! this very basic things to have ! !
Is it possible to restrict users so they are not able to edit the original estimate?
Unfortunately I still not been able to find a solution for cloud. Server instances could use Time Tracking's Legacy Mode, Lucas Lima of Atlassian provided the server solution to a similar question.
right ok thank you and i have to clear more doubts about i will ask you soon.
Try to use scrip runner - behaviour plug-in
Has anyone found a solution for this?
Novembre 2020, still waiting
This would be a good thing for reporting and planning. Still nothing in sight?
Kindof pointless to have an "original estimate" field if it can be edited.... This really needs to be a thing.
Hey Guys,
@Anthony Martin @Quentin Schneider @Sascha Klement @MobileJira
This is very simple.
In every project, we have the Screen Scheme, where there are 3 operations named like 'Create Operation, Edit, and View' where we have to select the default screen for each operation.
If we remove the Time Tracking field from the Edit Operations Screen, there ends the matter, No one can edit the field. Still, they can log efforts if we do such!
Pardon me If my solution doesn't work for you.
It worked for me, and I'm daily using this scenario.
Thanks..
Thank you Akba,
Does this scenario allows you to set the estimate field after issue creation ?
@Quentin Schneider
I could explain you better via a meet If it is okay for you!
You can reach me out at my Whatsapp Number +919493710073
Pls...
Hi @AKBAR ,Very much appreciate your reply on this. If I'm understanding correctly, this solution would result in "hiding" the Original Estimate field, as in - it would no longer be visible directly as a field.We need the field to be visible, just not editable, as would be sensible for an "original estimate". Is that correct or am I missing something?
A work around would be to add a custom field and populate it with the original estimate when it is entered for the first time. The custom field can be a non editable field which can be populated thru automation. This will help you capture if the estimation was modified or not and still have the original estimate recorded.
Hi Sanooj Kumar,
Can you help me with details how to achieve your solution. I mean the step by step process to create custom field to populate the value of Original Estimate - First entry.
I can be reached at my Whatsapp Number +919849620109
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.