How can I verify my domain name when I use JIRA in the cloud and have no access to HTML or DNS? This makes no sense to me. Any help would be appreciated.
I have the exact same question - I administer Atassian products for my orgainsation but I'm not a system admin - which means I do not have access to HTML or DNS.
Any information would be great!
Exactly! I don't even know who to contact about this....???
I'm not sure if verifing your domain is absolutely necessary for transisitoning to Atlassian accounts. From what I understood reading the documentation, it'd be necessary when you want to enable authentication policies.
I'm hoping to get some insights from this discussion soon - if not, I'll probably open up a ticket with Atlassian Support.
If you self host your email you can reach out to a sysadmin to upload the HTML file or add the DNS txt record. For other scenarios, including G-Suite, CRM system, etc. please see Domain verification.
we are having this same issue -
We are having some trouble trying to set-up SAML to use with our OneLogin account. In everything we've read it looks like you need to have the domain verified in order to use the Atlassian Identify Manager (can't find other cloud options). However we have an atlassian-hosted instance (ourproject.atlassian.net) and there is no domain that we own for this. Have you run into this issue before? Our atlassian users are not all company employees and so we cannot use our organization domain or active directory.
We do own related domains for our software applications where we store the apps we want to use SSO to access our atlassian wiki/jira
This seems like something very simple we must be missing. Thank you!
This is exactly the scenario we have. Any resolution?
We're still struggling with this and have not found a solution yet
We never found a solution.
I found the solution in this question https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Atlassian-Access-questions/Atlassian-Access-with-Cloud-how-to-verify-the-domains/qaq-p/916263
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.