We created a API using the c# SDK to allow interaction between Jira and our internal time keeping system. This has been working for months.
A Jira object is created using the CreateRestClient method:
private static Jira MyJira
{
get
{
if (_jira == null)
{
_jira = Jira.CreateRestClient(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["JiraUrl"],
ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["userName"],
ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["passWord"]);
_jira.MaxIssuesPerRequest = int.MaxValue;
}
return _jira;
}
}
We use my account to run the API. This morning I tried to login to Jira on the Web. I was prompted to login. I tried the username I normally use but was redirected to pick one of my google accounts to login. I don't use google to login to Jira. It would not log me in with my regular username. The only way I could get in was to change my password. If I logout and try to login I have to change my password again to get in.
I set my new password in the config file for our API but it does no authenticate. I tried going directly to the jira rest api using fiddler. I created a new base64 auth string for my username:password and I get an authentication error.
Has there been a systems change that would explain this?