Hello,
I am using cloud solution of JIRA Core and I would like to remove the "Report" menu from the project dashboard. How do I do that?
Thanks
Nalini
You don't. Turning off reporting features in Core is not something you can do in Cloud.
Then, if I self host JIRA on a JIRA server on-premise, will I be able to do it?
Yes, although I don't think you want to. Removing reports that users may find useful is a bit of a downgrade.
Hi @Nic Brough [Adaptavist], can you help with this one?
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/53061922
Hi,
i want to use Jira Core on-premise in a goverment organisation.
One condition is, that there is NO possiblity to have a dashboard or a reporting.
Is this possible and if so can i set this ON PREMISE?
Thanks for answers
Aydin
Well, you can turn off the modules, but you aren't going to get far without code.
"No dashboard or reporting" though is a terribly broken requirement. The whole point of a tracker is to track things, which means you want to report on them. Just removing the reporting links won't stop the users getting to the reports, and even if you then cripple the reporting, there's nothing to stop a user wasting time digging through the data and working it out for themselves.
Hi Nic,
Thank you very much for the answer.
I know all the disadvantages of this what your are writing about. Unfortunatelly, in Germany it is not allowed to track any information about the user/employees if you work in an goverment environment.
The point is, if i cant "disable" this functions, i have no chance to use JIRA for my department.
Have you any idea, where i can find these "CODE" to fulfill the conditions?
Thanks again and have a nice start in the week.
Kind regards.
No, that's nonsense.
The reports are summarising or displaying data that is available in JIRA. The data is there and you can get to it via other methods than reporting. So turning off the reporting is not in the slightest bit of use when you are looking at privacy and user tracking.
Germany is JIRA's second largest market, so there are plenty of people using it within the German rules (I'm aware of the rules, I've worked with JIRA with several German companies, and the government)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.