Permission Schemes
I’m fairly new to Jira and loving it, but I’m really stuck with the configuration of the permissions around Issues and project visibility.
I’ve been through the documentation and watched several videos, but I’m still unable to get the set-up correct! Please, if anyone knows how to do this I would be supper glad to hear from you.
Here is an Outline of my Situation.
I have 2 permission schemes set-up.
- Default Permission Scheme: This is this default scheme and has not been changed.
- Web Development Schemes (View All Projects and Only Own Issues (Custom Scheme))
3 Views/Roles
- Jira Admin (me): Need to see All Projects and All Issues. This is working just fine across all permission schemes.
- My Web Developers: Ability to ONLY see Web Development Projects AND Own Issues – This is working just fine.
- External Contributors: Ability to ONLY see the Project AND related Issues that has been assigned to them – Just can't get this working!!!!
Current Settings
Web Development Scheme
Browse Projects:
Project role
- Administrators
- atlassian-addons-project-access
Current assignee
The Result:
The Current Assignee, i.e. my web developer, can view ALL 12 Projects (with the Web Development Permission Scheme), AND only those Issues that have been assigned to him. This is working just fine!
But how do I set-up an external contributor to only be able to see the one project that he has an associated issue with
Please Help!
What I need to be able to do now, is to give an external contributor access to ONLY one of the Web Development Projects AND for him to only be able to only see the Issue assigned to him.
Using the Web Development Scheme, if I assign an issue to the external contributor, he can see only his issue, BUT he can also see all the Projects that are in this scheme.
How do I restrict his visibility to only be able to see the one project that he has an issue associated with?
If you can help, I will be so appreciative.
A ton of thanks, Andre