I come from a JIRA when it was just JIRA. Started at a new company and talk them into JIRA online for Defect Tracking for a software product and IT Support tracking. I instantiated our JIRA online as JIRA software and have questioned this from the get go. We are not a Agile development house. So I have to turn off anything agile to start with. Although that's not fun it's manageable. The problem that I'm asking about here is this. I no longer feel I really understand what Atlassian has done here as it relates to our needs. We need 2 type of projects:
Software Issue Tracking (standard JIRA old way)
Support Issue Tracking (as and IT department needs)
I can not see a Project type that really matches either. So I do a long process of converting an existing type (usually basic software) to these to needs. So that's my situation.
My question is: Is there a project type for standard Software and Standard Support type tracking defined anywhere that I'm just not seeing? In the old JIRA days I don't remember spend so much time configuring the projects.