Hi,
I am new as JIRA administrator and still in learning mode.
I am trying to figure out how to restrict the visibility of a few issues part of a JIRA Project to a selected group of user. I followed the https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver072/configuring-issue-level-security-829827025.html instruction. However, it looks like these instructions allow to assign an issue security scheme to a whole project, not to a single issue inside a project.
Although this question looks very basic, I am very confused. Can visibility be restricted at issue level, or at project level only? In the former case, how to do it?
thanks for any help
You have to assign the scheme to the whole project, it makes no sense to apply it to a single issue. The point of the scheme is to enable you to selectively secure/hide issues within the project.
To do that you set the "level" field on the issue you want to secure. The levels available are determined by the scheme you set up.
Hi Paolo.
Issue security scheme is assigned to a project, however, the scheme contains levels that allows you to restrict issue visibility.
For example, if you have an Issue security scheme called Customers that contains 2 security levels:
If you assign this Issue security scheme to a project, and every time an issue is created you (or automatically) set the Security level = Internal, only those who are members of the Team members project role will be able to see that issue. On the other hand, if an issue has set Security level = External, both Team members and Customers will be able to see it.
Regards!
Thanks! It looks to me you Nic and Aylin have different opinions on this. I tried to follow Aylin suggestions but couldn't find a way to to assign both the security levels to the same project.
What is really confusing is that the help webpage I put in my original comment refers to "issue level security", while, as far as I understand, it is project level security. Am I wrong?
how to add the two security levels to the same issue security scheme?
After creating the scheme, on the right side of the screen you´ll see Security levels link, click it and then define the levels (my recomendation is no more than 2), and then for each level you created, add to it who will have visibility (I normaly use project roles).
We don´t have different opinions, I said pretty much the same as Nic
Nope, we posted different explanations of the same thing at about the same time.
The thing you seem to be missing is that a scheme is a configuration pattern you apply to a project. The security scheme tells the project how to do issue security.
So, if you define a scheme that has three levels (Let's say Red, Amber, Green), then all your issues in the project will have a field with those three levels in it. To protect/hide an issue, select the appropriate level. (No level means "anyone who can browse the project can see it")
thanks for the clarification. Yep, I am missing something yet... I have been a JIRA user for many years but setting up things is a completely different problem.
Still trying to sort this...
How to assign the security level to an issue ?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.