I have a project that I am using as a sandbox to develop workflows and test importing issues. Somehow when I attempt to access the Overview of the project, I get an error reading "Permission Violation It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform. If you think this message is wrong, please contact your JIRA administrators." with a link to contact my own e-mail address. I'm not aware of anything that changed regarding permissions, and I'm not able to find a way to recover from this state. This is potentially causing whole projects to wipe out randomly if I don't understand what's causing this, so I need to know what happened, or how to prevent this state, or at the very least how to recover from this state.
It also looks like this has happened to others:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/64867/my-project-has-disappeared-i-can-only-see-it-in-admin
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/89540/a-created-project-disappeared-from-dashboard-and-no-access-to-all-issues-of-project
But I can't find an applicable answer for how to deal with this. My permissions are identical between the disappeared project and other projects that remain. They are each using the same scheme.