Hi,
I'm using JIRA Cloud service desk.
I would like to add a single user to watcher list when an issue is created. I tried using post function on workflow transition but Wather field is not available.
Is there any way to do it ?
thanks
José Arbiol
Watcher isn't a field, that's why the post function failed.
I'm afraid you need to add a "watchers field" add-on if you want to to this directly on create, or have something a post-function can write to, but you can't install it on Cloud (last time I looked)
OK, thanks for your quick answer.
kr
José
Jose, I may be misunderstanding your question, but are you aware you can go into notifications in your project and under issue create, you can add a person?If I understand your need correctly, this is the simplest way to do it.
welcome
John
@John Pfotzer unless I'm missing something, your suggestion to add a person to notifications is a static entry - ie a specific person (or group) would be notified on issue creation (for example). I think what the OP is asking for is the ability to select users at issue creation to notify (that's certainly what I'm after, but it seems that Cloud doesn't support the Watchers plugin that has been mentioned elsewhere.
regards
Corne
I found a solution for this, by creating a custom notification scheme, and adding a custom "user picker" notifiers field. When adding something to a notification scheme, pick the "User Custom Field Value" option, and select the custom user picker that you previously defined.
Seems to work so far.
Try this solution - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-watchers-in-the-issue-creation-screen-315327528.html
This is BY FAR the best solution for adding "watchers" on creation.
I didn't add a custom notification scheme. I just added a new notification to the default notification scheme. I then took it one step further and added a Post Function to my workflow that copies the value of my custom user picker field and adds it to the Watcher field when the item transitions.
Fwiw, I think it's ridiculous that this isn't something supported out of the box. It's not that hard.
This is kind of involved and you can miss a step pretty easily. One note of warning, the picker will show you ALL people on JIRA, some of which may not be configured correctly to have access to the project you are on, so go back and double check all your user rights or notifications wont work for that user.
This answer effectively pointed me in the right direction.
In addition, when creating the custom field you can choose the multi-user picker (to notify multiple people) which is awesome.
Again, this is for JIRA Server and NOT JIRA Cloud. Is there any solution yet to this post? Please throw suggestions if you have any.
You can do the this:
* Go to https://arqisoft.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewPermissionSchemes.jspa
* Open your permission schema (probably need to go through all of them)
* Add the user group to "Voters & watchers permissions / Manage Watchers" permission
No, this does not work for Cloud, it does not support the watchers field.
But if you are only looking to notify that user for a specific project, that project will need its own notification scheme. Which is fine, just need to realize the impact.. Also, if its just for one issue type, that doesnt even work... :-( (which is my case)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.