Hi
I have 3 projects on JIRA. I want some of the users being able to see only some of the projects. I'm pretty new to JIRA and i can't find a way to do that. Is that possible ?
regards,
Adrien
First, look at the permission scheme for the project. The line that says "Browse project" gives you a rule for allowing people to see the project.
That rule is likely to be something like "everyone in the role of users"
So the second step is to change who matches the rue. For the example I've just given, you go into the project roles and remove all the users and groups who should not see the project.
It's likely that the group "JIRA users" is in that role by default - you'll need to remove that, and then add back in any users or groups who should see the project.
This is rather a poor default from Atlassian I'm afraid - they default JIRA users into every project and it's a bit of a pain when you start wanting to do hidden projects. My standard recommendation is to bin the jira-user group - never use it in permissions or roles, it should only be used to say "can log in".
thank you Nic !
Good evening.
Greetings from South Africa. Thank you indeed. I think Atlassian will need to work on this because I have been looking for way to do this for much of the day. Im a PM in a small team that is working with fairly large organisations. And I want our projects to be managed effectively using Jira. But I also want the client team to see the project and what is happening on it. that means I need to create rights for them on certain projects but not on the the other projects which we will be working with other organisations or projects which are purely internal.
This means that for each new project I would have to fiddle with permissions each time to prevent them from seeing other projects as soon as I create them as users on the system. Its not the most effective way of doing things. The product should cater for an easier way to do this.
I think there are two things here.
Hi @A can you please guide me through this solution for the new Jira.
thanks
Damien
Hi, is there an update on how to do this today? I don't see the "browse issue" permission now, would I be able to do the same with "browse project"? How do you guys test it btw?
It's the same, but there's a typo in my answer - I said "issue" instead of "project". It's always been "browse project"
Oh, and also, they don't use jira-users by default any more, there's the jira-application-user groups instead. Same principle though.
Got it, thanks!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.