I'm a Jira administrator (and since I'm the only admin, presumably Greenhopper too) and one of my colleages has managed to create a scrum board that I can't see.
How can I fix it so that I can see ALL agile boards please?
David is correct. When boards are setup, the user selects a project and it creates a default filter that is setup to be shared with individuals that have access to the project. However, you can then change the filter or recreate a new one and associate it to the board. Often, users have their filter definition setup to save and be private (not shared with anyone). They would need to share with the same project or everyone. We typically have our users filter saving permissions setup to share with Everyone by default to avoid this as this was an initial problem when we started to using JIRA -- users thought anyone could see their filters.
You need to give youself all permissions. It is not true that because you are the administrator you have all permissions. It depends on your permission scheme and group definitions.
Jira admin means "person who can admin Jira". It does NOT give you "can see/do everything", that's a bad model.
You need to go into the project(s) and check that you have "browse" permission one way or another, in order to see the boards etc. And if you want to be able to change stuff, project admin as well.
This is my trouble. Administrators have all permissions I can find... all Global Permissions and all permissions for the scheme asssociated with the project in question
I realise that, but surely an admin should be able to change it so that they can. As it happens, the `administrators` group has all permissions for the given project and the board can't be seen
Has your colleague shared the filter for that board with you? If you do not have access to the filter which the board is based on, you will not have access to the board.
What James is asking for is the ability to administer all boards (not SEE them).
For example, an Administrator cannot view every filter (which is good), however, in the Admin area they can search and list ALL filters regardless of permissions, which allows them to change permissions, change owner, etc. This is especially useful when someone creates a Filter that everyone uses and leaves the company, or a user isn't sure why people can't see their Filter and an Admin needs to assist.
James is asking for something similar with boards, which as far as I can tell, is not possible at this time.
As an admin you can install the open source User Switcher for JIRA add-on and use it to switch to the user who is the current admin of the board, go to the board administration and change it properly. Be aware that you also have to be the owner of the filter which is linked to the board!
Vote for GHS-5576
Not agree that it can be helpful in boards administration !!! As administrator you can change owner of filter , but if you are not a member of specific group, you can't share this filter with this group. Then there is no way to admin board (as admin) without to be a member of required team. But administrator shouldn't belong to all groups in jira !!!! correct ? Your proposal for admins in this situation ? P.S. voting for GHS-5576 too.
Ah, the usual situation:
a) Unfixed Atlassian bug b) Atlassian will never fix it because only few people vote for a fix
c) Plugin developers abuse answers.atlassian.com to sell plugins
Sorry, but that's bullshit. As an Admin, I get asked by users to configure their boards for them, then I have to go tell them how to add me so I can even see the damn board? Also it's inconsistent, since in Confluence, a Confluence Admin can see anything, even stuff that's been protected both with Space Permissions and Page Restrictions.
Sorry, what's bullshit? Responding to a 3 year old answer that probably isn't valid any more?
(The good security model is still there, but has been extended so that admins can give themselves the permissions, as per Confluence)
How can you even see who owns the board to request access (which is really silly coming from an admin) f you can't even view it?! Someone asked me to delete an old board, he can't do it, he said it tells him to contact an admin. I'm an admin and can't even see it!
I just did
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.