I have enabled the JIRA Tollkit Plugin and performed a re-index
But when I go to the SEARCH page and try to use the participants field, is not available
What I am trying to find is issues that were commented by a specific user.
You need to add a field of type "participants", ideally with a context that covers all issue types and projects (and most of us stick to calling it participants), then you need to re-index.
I believe it will only capture data from the time you add the participant custom field.
It will, but it's actually a "derived" field, so if you re-index an issue for any reason, it will populate historical data.
I don't know how to add that field and include the context that you mention, an example is welcome
Cool. I've always installed that and jira suite utilities with every new install I've done since I found out about them on my first time supporting JIRA
Same as any other custom field. Admin -> Issues -> Fields, click "add field", look for "participants" as the field type, call it something sane, and when it asks what projects and/or issue types to limit it to, make sure it says "global context". Click add, stick it on any screens you want to display it on (not necessary if all you need is the ability to search it, but some people like having it on screen) and re-index.
i think it is on the advanced tab in the add custom field box. By default you get global context which covers all issues and projects.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.