When I comment on a confluence page I get the error "Could not save the comment". What's odd is I commented on this doc a day ago no problem, today, I get this error.
It's a known bug, see this page: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-43601
Okay, this isn't an answer, but simply creating a new space and cut and pasting the page from the old space to the new space cured the commenting issue. Clearly not a great solution but it worked.
Not cool! Hope that gets fixed quickly. It's no fun copying a whole page to another page to fix this...would really be terrible if the page had tones of comments on it too!
Hi
What if the issue is in Jira and not Confluence?
There's a known bug in Jira. https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-70865?page=com.atlassian.streams.streams-jira-plugin%3Aactivity-stream-issue-tab
I got this from copied text that included an emoji, Deleted the emoji and it all worked fine.
This bug really annoyed me after I had invested a lot of time in formatting and writing content. The error just washes all the stuff you have done.
This generally happens when you do a paste a formatted text (even from other JIRA tickets).
A workaround to this until it gets solved can be:
Duplicate the tab and edit the description. With the new view of JIRA, you would mostly get the unsaved content that couldn't get saved. The only extra thing is that you can now see 'Unsupported content' in the post. Just delete it and save. Viola!
I ran into the "could not save page" error after I was done editing a big page in Excellentable. After spending some time in vain, I figured the way out:
Pretty simple, eh?
Seshadri
It still exists.
Still exists.
Try refreshing the page and then comment again. It worked for me
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.