Hi,
The background for my question is: I have created a new issue type called Feature Request. When a feature request gets approved, we are simply moving it to be an epic instead, in the same project.
I want to be able to find all epics who originated from feature requests. The WAS / WAS IN operators are not support for the issueType field so I am out of luck on that front.
I therefore was thinking about adding a custom field called "featureRequest" for all issue types and default it to "true" when a feature request is created and default it to "false" when any other issue type is created. Upon moving the feature request to a different issue type, that featureRequest field value would be moved and I can query any issue type based on featureRequest=true.
My question: Without using add-ons such as ScriptRunner, what options do I have to implement this defaulting behavior?
I tried field schemes, field configuration schemes, etc - no luck.
Or is there even a different way of querying an issue based on what prior issueType it once was?
Any advice?
Thanks, Helge