I used to be able to set what the issue hierarchy was. Where did that go?
What do you mean by "heirarchy"?
*I used to be able to say all issues except sub tasks go under Epics. Then sub-tasks can be under all of the issues.
I wanted to switch some things around to make a more understandable hierarchy of issues. At Atlassian summit, Atlassian kept talking about features so I have been trying to change my structure similar to theirs.
Atlassian project defined in jira:
My current structure:
There is currently not a way for me to truly identify a feature in the software. I need an easy way to display how we break down a big project and be able to pull it all back together.
Ok, JIRA does Project / Issue / Sub-task itself. Epics would be considered at the same level as Stories. However, if you have the Agile addon, then you have Project / Epic / Issue / Sub task Then for Portfolio, you need the Portfolio addon.
I have the cloud version of Jira. I create a project then put epics. In the Epic I create issues from within the Jira issue. Inside of the stories I create sub tasks. I am trying to identify features easily like Atlassian was talking about at the Summit. I just don't see how they do it or define their structure in Jira. Maybe they don't use Jira.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.