You can set default text for the custom field, is that what you require?
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+a+Custom+Field#ConfiguringaCustomField-default_valueDefaultvalue
Hi Tarun,
I have created a project and I want it to be automatically assigned to the business owner which is one of the fields I added when I create an issue under this project. Whatever, I fill in the business owner field, I want the issue to be assigned to the same person. How do I achieve this?
You may create an Automation Rule like this:
WHEN: Issue Created
IF: Issue matches "Business Owner" = bob
THEN: Edit issue > Field: Assignee > Value: bob
Finally, add some more IFs with different THEN actions.
Do you have some plugins installed, as the functionality you want requires a plugin.
Thanks a lot for the detailed answer. Very helpful. But one question- I do not see automation option under my project settings. Please check image.Capture.PNG
If there are no plugin, then default assignee can be based on "Component Lead" being the default assignee but you would need to use that specific component in your issue. But in your case you want it to be assigned to the "business owner", thus you have to select the component which has the component lead the business owner which you have filled. That way the business owner will become the default assignee.
That project is a Business one (JIRA Core) and not a Service Desk one; that's why.
Maybe, you have more options available on that screen's project type, like Software and/or Service Desk.
I assumed your project was a Service Desk one because this question contains the labels: jira-servicedesk and jira-servicedesk-cloud.
If the project is not os type Service Desk, then the Automation Rules are not available on the project at all.
So, I would recommend creating components with the name of each Business Owner, set the username of the BO as the component lead, and set each component to be assigned by default to the component lead.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.