I have been unable to find a method of retrieving a JIRA attachment using the REST API. So I am wondering if there might be a c# method to retrieve attachments. Is there a .NET API available for Jira?
JIRA provides a REST API for external systems to talk to it.
c#, .net, java, ook, tcl - the language you are using is totally irrelevant. The REST API lets you fetch attachments in any language, as long as they can call https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/cloud/#api/2/attachment-getAttachment
Unfortunately, that gives me all the information about the attachment, not the actual attachment file. I am looking for a solution where I can make a rest call to retrieve the file itself or the binary data of the file.
Not read the "including the URI of the actual attached file" bit of the doc then?
Yes, the attachment meta has the URI of the file, however, in this implementation ServiceNow is running in the cloud and does not have access to the URI location. So, again, I am looking for a solution where I make a call to JIRA and receive the baseencoded64 string in the REST payload. It is actually amazing to me that JIRA/webhooks does not have the ability to send the actual file.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.