I currently have access to the following validators in JIRA OnDemand for workflow transitions:
- Comment required validator
- Field has been modified validator
- Parent status validator
- Permission validator
- Previous status validator
- User Permission validator
Which of these permissions can I use to prevent the closure of a parent issue while linked (child) issues are still open? And how do I do so?
I have a series of projects; issues in one project (project A) are linked to a single issue in another project (project
. The issues in project A support the fulfillment or completion of the issue in project B. Therefore, project B's issue should not be able to close until the linked issues in project A are complete. How do I modify my workflow transitions to support this?
<Expanding for Conversation on Conditions>
Assuming that the 'Condition' section is where I need to do the work - here are the options I see:
- Hide Transition
- Only Assignee Transition
- Only Bamboo Notifications Workflow Condition
- Permission Condition
- Previous Status Condition
- Separation of Duties Condition
- Sub-task Blocking Condition
- User Is In Group
- User Is In Group Custom Field
- User Is In Project Role
I feel like none of these really pertain, either. To expand on the question, if this won't work across two projects, would it work if I brought the related issues into one? There has to be some way to have the links provide more relevance than a 'view'.
Thank you, in advance, for your help!
Danielle