I'm using a KanBan workflow.
Sometimes I encounter issues that are duplicates, outdated and no longer relevant, or I can no longer reproduce (to name a few).
Instead of deleting these issues, I want to move them into the "done" column and package them up with my release.
I ended up finding the "resolution" dropdown; I turned this on for my workflow and it has all the "markers" I want. Unfortunately, it's always required, and when I move it from my backlog to any other columns, it typically defaults to "fixed" and a line runs through the issue number:
Screenshot 2015-09-17 10.52.44.png
I just don't think I'm using the resolution dropdown in the way it was meant to be used.
Question:
How do I handle the above situation without using the "resolution" dropdown?
Optimally, I'd like to mark issues as "duplicate" or "can't reproduce" (etc.) and have my release notes organize these issues into groups.
Am I making any sense here? How do other people manage this?
Thanks!