This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Tables
How do I wrap text in a table? It's currently so wide that I'd have to keep scrolling to the right to view all the content.
In the text ctrl-enter to put a line break in the text while editing. I don't think you can wrap the content if it's doing the scrolly thing when viewed.
wrap-text implies that the column needs to be fixed width. I don't know how to do that
Has anyone ever seen a case where the word-wrap looks fine in EDIT mode but not OK in VIEW mode. In other words:
Running Confluence Server 5.9.7.
Thanks!
Click anywhere inside a cell and you get an option to select table columns as "Responsive" or "Fixed Width" (write under the dropdown that lets you pick headings, or paragraph or preformatted etc.). If you choose fixed width and adjust the width, then as you type, the text will automatically wrap.
NOTE: This post is NOT an answer, but I can't figure out how to convert to comment. Mods?
Hi and thanks for posting. I tried this...went into EDIT mode, clicked within a cell, but nothing happened. I'm at Confluence 6.1.1 Server. What am I missing?
I'm using 5.8.13 server version and I can't get that option either
Just to elaborate on Parthas answer, you find the menu not IN the table but at the top in the menu (also called Table Tools).A little screenshot to assist:
Sandy, I don't think the option is there in 5.8. I checked the documentation of 6.1 which has it (in 'Edit your table'):https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf61/tables-877187622.htmlbut the 5.8 doesn't seem to have the same option:https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf58/tables-771892006.html
So in 6.1, I change the option from RESPONSIVE to FIXED WIDTH? Thanks.
Works but it's less intuitive.
Ctrl-enter does not work for me in v5.9.6. When writing text in the header cell, I can do shift-enter to forced a line break in the header text.
And also, not responsive anymore. Simple CSS word-break property can properly fix this.
In responsive mode links do not wrap - only on spaces or hyphens which not all links have, you cannot drag the column any smaller than the longest link. This is very bad design.
Then the table is no longer responsive. This is a workaround not a solution.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.