How do I remove/move and issue from an old/closed sprint? The "view on board" button takes me to the board but the issue is not there. I need to move it into my current sprint.
You can't without editing the workflow and creating a "Remove From Sprint" transition, which, you know, makes perfect sense.
View the issue and click the "to do" button?ie, re-open it. I'm not in front of JIRA to check... but that should put the issue into your Backlog - from where you can then move it into your Sprint.
The sprint is closed, not the issue.
I'm not sure how you would have an open issue that is still in a closed sprint. Closing a sprint will move all issues that are not Done to your backlog. Example:
0 issues were Done.2 incomplete issues will be returned to the top of the backlog.1 partially complete issue will be returned to the top of the backlog.
Is it possible that your problem issue is not showing up right now because something has changed that means it no longer satisfies the filter for the board?Here's an example.
Filter = "Project = W AND labels = X".
For me, when the label is missing, opening the issue and then clicking on "view on board" will give an error/response:
There are no boards which contain this issue.
This differs slightly from your reported behaviour.
But maybe it's enough to point you in the right direction?
Confirmed that the ticket shows up in the filter. I don't get an error message, it just goes to the planning page, but the ticket is not there.
You have to edit the task and remove the Sprint from the task, then you can see it in the backlog again.
But... in the Task history, you will still see the sprint(s) that were completed with the task in it (them)
You can get open issues in closed sprints if a user clones an old issue and doesn't update the field. Just had it happen.
Use Bulk-Edit - see https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-remove-an-issue-from-a-completed-sprint/qaq-p/123077
Use Bulk-Edit to remove the issue from any sprint. It then goes into the backlog and you can drag it to the correct one.Ref. https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-do-I-remove-an-issue-from-a-completed-sprint/qaq-p/123077
The closed sprint still remains on the story. Only the current sprint is removed.
this used to work but no longer working.
Same here. This is a problem.
The easiest way would be to open the Jira ticket individually by adding the correct number in address bar :
open the ticket
click on edit option
Change the Sprint to current or active sprint.
Check my answer for Jira Cloud, might help you...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.