I am migrating from a local Confluence v3.2 instance to an OnDemand Confluence v4.2.
In this Answer I found out how to successfully import my existing pages. Summary:
- Export a zip from source v3.2 instance
- Restore that zip into a local v3.5 instance
- Export a zip from v3.5 instance
- Restore that zip into local v4.2 instance
Now I have a local Confluence v4.2 from which I can export individual spaces and import them into my OnDemand instance.
This all seems to be working fine - except for gliffy diagrams.
In my local v4.2 instance after installing the latest Gliffy plugin (v4.2.2) all my Gliffy diagrams show up in the page OK.
If I restore the exact same space to my OnDemand instance (which is running Gliffy plugin v4.0.4.1) the Gliffy diagrams do not show up OK, showing instead the error:
| Gliffy Macro Error |
An error occurred while rendering this diagram. Please contact your administrator |
One workaround would be to follow the manual "Import a file as a template" as described in this Answer, but this is a manual process, and we probably have around 100 gliffy diagrams across all our spaces, as well as some pages linking to diagrams in other pages, so it would be quite a laborious and error prone process.
I would like to get it working automatically - like it works when importing into a local 4.2 Confluence.
Can anyone indicate why its not working in OnDemand?
Perhaps its the gliffy plugin version? If so, can we get the gliffy plugin updated on the OnDemand instance?
Additional info that may be useful:
1. Wiki Markup looks like:
{gliffy:name=We are here|align=left|size=L|version=1}
2. The gxml for this example is attached (We are here.txt).
Note that I had to add the ".txt" extension to attach it to this post, and actually they file does not have any extension.
Any assistance appreciated. Thanks,
--Dan
