I am using JIRA server version. Is it possible to give access to JIRA for a certain time period, beyond which access will be auto revoked?
If you are using CROWD or LDAP it should be possible now.
What is CROWD and LDAP ...how to use those. Please help.
Yes, I downloaded Crowd, but this is foreign to me! I am just trying because I need to!
Hi Mac,
Crowd is our tool for user management, that provides centralized identity management with single sign-on to all your apps and developer tools. As for LDAP, it is a software protocol for enabling anyone to locate organizations, individuals, and other resources such as files and devices in a network, whether on the public Internet or on a corporate intranet that can be used to complement Crowd.
You can disable users in LDAP (Active Directory to be specific) , and JIRA will recognize the user as disabled. As for the other types of LDAP, we have an open feature being tracked at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34557.
This setup can be a little complicated, so if you are not sure how to configure that at first, I'd suggest you rely on the JIRA's deactivate users flag.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Clarissa.
Hi!My organization are using Jira (cloud)and we have a lot of external resources getting access so therefore the amount of users is increasing fast and I can see a lot of inactivity from some of the users which means that someone else starting on a project now should be taking that place..
So is it possible to set a time frame of maybe 60-80 days of inactivity and then the access will be revoked?As for now I am myself revoking manually and it's taking up a lot of my timeI would really appreciate suggestions tips and trix!
Thanks
Corinne
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.