We have a Cloud JIRA and a server JIRA. On our Cloud JIRA, user accounts created by add-ons do not count towards our license. For example, JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions is listed as a user on our Cloud JSD, but in the total count of Agents, it's not included and we are not billed for it.
But on our JIRA server, each "add-on user account" in the user list is counted in the total Agents and we must buy them licenses.
We have to go up a tier on our server license because I added some add-ons last night. I had to remove some of them this morning when I found out.
Now our choices are to not use any more add-ons, or pay a few thousand dollars.
I don't have technical knowledge of Crowd. Is it possible the add-on user accounts on our server instance are not being recognized correctly? Or do add-ons really require user licenses?
Thanks,
Val