Hi,
Currently I am using jira ondemand for 25 users.I am following below link for creating issues and comments from email.
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA000/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email
I tried to configure gmail pop account but no success. I read it in some other documentation that I can not integrate gmail pop for ondemand.
Can I use my own server's pop3 here? how? Will really appeciate your quick response.
Hello Vanraj,
Indeed, JIRA OnDemand comes with a pre-defined POP mailbox that you can use when configuring your email services. No external POP/IMAP mailbox is configurable at the moment.
If you wish to continue using your own mailbox, you might want consider setup email forwarding to JIRA OnDemand POP box.
EDIT: I had to change the Service timer from 3 minutes to 1 minute to restart the service (I had waited half an hour, so I'm not just impatient). It seems to work now. Leaving below for other people.
So you can use the built-in POP account to create issues?
I followed the steps at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA000/Creating+Issues+and+Comments+from+Email
and selected the built-in POP account, but it's not creating tickets. Here is my handler parameters: project=BFB, issuetype=2, createusers=false
I don't have a password for the built-in pop account to Test Connection, either.
how come Azwandi Mohd Aris [Atlassian] never addressed this?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.