Is there a quick way to get a list of all external links in a space? By external I mean a link from Confluence to another web page outside of Confluence.
If you go to Tools->Page Information on a particular page, you get a list of incoming and outgoing links. You should be able to see external links listed there also.
You can run this query against your Confluence database to find all of the external links:
SELECT s.spacename as Space, c.title as Page, l.destspacekey as SpaceOrProtocol, l.destpagetitle as DestinationFROM LINKS lJOIN CONTENT c ON c.contentid = l.contentidJOIN SPACES s ON s.spaceid = c.spaceidWHERE c.prevver IS NULL and l.destspacekey in ('http','https')ORDER BY l.destspacekey;
To filter for a particular space, add a where clause to filter based on the s.spacename column.
Thanks. That's a start. I was hoping for a programmatic solution so I didn't have to look at every page.
In that case you would need to create a script that goes through the content of each page looking for links. I do know that external links have a CSS class applied to them called ".external-link". You can just search the content of a page for anything that has that class and that should give you a list of external links.
Hi Juliana,I'm having the same problem now.
Do you have found a way to get a report of all pages with the information to external links?
CheersStephan
Update for Confluence 6.10
SELECT s.SPACENAME as Space, c.TITLE as Page, l.DESTSPACEKEY as SpaceOrProtocol, l.DESTPAGETITLE as DestinationFROM LINKS lJOIN CONTENT c ON c.CONTENTID = l.CONTENTIDJOIN SPACES s ON s.SPACEID = c.SPACEIDWHERE c.PREVVER IS NULL and l.DESTSPACEKEY in ('http','https')ORDER BY l.DESTSPACEKEY;
Note: this would also find the deleted spaces in the Trashcan
For example if external site url to search is https://demo.site.com/..... . This worked in confluence for me :
http*demo*site*com*
Regards,
Ankit
Hi,
I have used a simple CQL query like this one:
space = 'XYZ' and text ~ 'http:'
For me this works well through REST API for scripting and I can spice it up some fancy search attributes ;-)
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.