This is on the OnDemand of Jira.
Even after changing the status of Issues on Jira to 'Done', the Resolution remains 'Unresolved'.
And there are no options to turn the resolution to 'Resolved'
It sounds like whoever setup the workflow didn't put in a transtion screen where you would set the resolution. Because the resolution field is always required it should only be presented during a transition. Another option would be to set it to a predetermined value with a post function behind the scenes during a transition.
I chose the default workflow. I have not used JIRA before . So I have accepted the defaults. Interestingly, 4 out of 21 issues were marked as as "Resolved", while remaining remained unresolved even after status changed to "Done".This is the screenshot of my workflow:
Does the default workflow have a status Done? Or do you mean the status Closed?
Joe is correct, generally what you would want to do is either include the Resolution on the transition screen, or use a post action on that transition to set the resolution; by default this is not done.
Just a note on this; any value in the resolution field (even if it's "THIS ISSUE IS DEFINITELY NOT RESOLVED") indicates that the issue has a resolution, and is therefore resolved, so will show as resolved on gadgets and show up with a strike through the issue key to indicate it is resolved.
That is not right. You don't need a backup to run the integrity checker. The checker won't have any effect on this problem even if the status is wrong because the problem is with the resolution and not the status. Sorry, but I think you've misread the question!
The default workflow
Pankaj, Joe has provided the correct answer, have you given that a try?
Hi Pankaj,
did you check if the transition to the Done-state has a post-function configured to set the resolution? If not you have to set the resolution manually if you close a ticket. I am not sure how it is configured in the default workflow.
I have modified the workflow. I have tried doing what Joe suggested. I hope I am correct. Please see the new workflow screenshot attached. I have tested this workflow and it does what I expect-i.e., making if Resolved if status is changed to Done.
Plus I have also added "Waiting for Customer"
Guess I am learning. Please confirm if did what joe meant.
[the screenshot image is not showing here, I have added it in next comment]
The modified workflow
We can't see the detail on your transitions, but if it's working the way you expect, I'd say you got it!
Hi Brough,
Thanks you for correction.
thanks,
Patina
For the records...
For a beginner this will be helpful: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-Addingatransition
Go to "Setting the Resolution Field"...
"
Within JIRA an issue is determined to be Open or Closed based on the value of its Resolution field — not its Status field.
This is true regardless of the current value of the issue's Status field (Open, In Progress, etc).
Therefore, if you need your workflow to force an issue to be Open or Closed, you will need to set the issue's Resolution field during a transition. There are two ways to do this:
HTH
In continuation to what Joe has said, I would like to direct all begnners to the Adminstrator Guide.
Ofcourse JIRA is not subscribe and start in all cases. Thank everyone.
Hello All,
Our company is using Jira Cloud new issue view. The Resolution screen was missed when setting up workflows so I've added that into the transitions and is working fine now. Team members are able to select a resolution type and can be considered as officially done in Jira.
I performed a bulk edit on all our "Closed" state issues to update the resolution which worked fine as well.
The issue I'm having is that my Created vs. Resolved gadget and report still do not reflect any resolved issues. The gadget and the report are only capturing created tickets. Since I've updated all issues and the team is currently using the resolution screen to select resolution type, why is the report and the gadget not updating accordingly?
Any guidance is much appreciated!
Try editing the workflow transition lines. If you go to the resolved tab in the workflow diagram you wish to edit or change. I have had to select the line from resolved to closed and put a transition in there. when you select the line the hit EDIT. When the window opens the options. select a transition in the drop down. You can add description for that transition if you wish also. Just need to make sure that it shows a resolved transition and this should fix the problem. Then you will need to save it by publishing the draft. It will not take affect on the older tickets but you can move those tickets to a different type of ticket and then should be able to resolve them in the transition from beginning of the process. These are the step i took to resolve my same issue. Hope it helps
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.