I have an active sprint that I can't find and need to close. Is there somewhere I can see just a list of sprints so that I can easily close it out?
What i had to do was assign an issue to the Sprint so that I would have the option to switch to it in the Active Sprints board. Then I was able to complete the Sprint.
Hi,
first of all check if you can see this sprint in jql:
use sth like this: sprint="Name of the important sprint for you"
https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-sprints
Here you have all information about ending a sprint:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-sprints/ending-a-sprint
It shows up as having no issues in a search query and it auto completes for Sprint fields and is show as active. However the Ending Sprints doc asks me to select an Agile drop down which I do not have:
Click the Complete Sprint button.
It does not show in the Backlog view like my other Active Sprints.
So, I can find the issues associate with the sprint. I cannot find the board associated with the sprint so I lack access to the sprint close controls
Also I realize that if you delete a project / board and it had active sprints, they keep there forever. Don't know how to delete them.
This was so helpful. Thank you!
yep, worked for me too. Thanks
does not work for me. If I select the old active sprint that I want to cloes. It opens de board with the current active sprint and not the old active sprint. And it's not an active sprint from an old closed project cause I can select it in my filter after selecting my current project.
same here
Sprint lives in boards, not in issues you need to find where that sprint lives and go to that board and close it over there sometimes according to the combination of project and board permissions you shouldn't have the ability to close that sprint even when is showing up in your board I will get back to you when I have the way of knowing in which board the sprint lives, first of all, you need to get the sprint ID by using a JQL auto-complete feature then use APIs to get the board where it was created, more instructions to follow
Ok, found it.
With that sprint_ID you can query the REST API as follows:
<your server base URL>/rest/agile/1.0/sprint/sprint_ID
it will give you the originBoardId number that you can use to go to that board.
then you can go to your board by using it as shown below:
<your server base URL>/secure/RapidBoard.jspa?rapidView=originBoardId
you need to have permissions on that board to close the sprint or even view that board
Reference: https://docs.atlassian.com/jira-software/REST/7.0.4/#agile/1.0/sprint-getSprint
Very helpful! Thank you
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.