I created two new statuses (Retest and To QA).
Several issues with that Status are assigned to me, but they do not show in the Assigned to Me gadget.
Did I miss something when I created the new statuses?
I don't think you've missed anything on the status side, but I suspect you'll find that they are "resolved" (i.e. they have a resolution of some sort) and the gadget won't show those.
Are you able to find them by searching in the issue navigator? If not, indexing must be broken.
I still think it's the resolution.
Yes, they are resolved.
The workflow is that the developer resolves the issue and then send it to Reporter for retesting, then on to QA for review and then close of issue.
That is most unfortunate that this gadget does not show resolved issues that are not Closed.
Yes, they appear in the Issue Navigator.
It's never intended to - resolved issues are "done" as far as Jira is concerned.
If that's not how you're using resolution, then forget the "assigned to me" gadget, define a filter that returns what you need and then use the "filter results" gadget instead.
I had to change my workflow - ugh.
Created a new field - now I want that field to appear below Status when you open an existing issue. Where do I make that change?
Do you mean add it to a screen with all the other custom fields, or you mean you want to include it in the system field panels?
Actually, I'm pretty sure you mean the second, which means hacking some code I'm afraid.
Nic, you are right, what you are calling the "system field panels".
They want to easily see what the fix "category" is (like the resolution options) - close to the Resolution field.
Bother, I had a bookmark pointing to a doc on this for v3, but it's gone. I don't know if there's an equivalent page for v5.
I disagree that this is obvious or logical functionality.
Resolved means the developer has handed it off to test. Closed means it is "done".
Its too bad the widget is not configurable because when a testlogs in and sees "no issues assigned to me" they are getting incorrect information.
The 'Resolution' field must be shown in the Field Configuration.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.