I have a backlog with several hundred feature ideas and bugs.
I used to use Trello and could easily move a card to the 145th position.
In my Scrum board, it is really, really hard to rank these. I can put issues at the top, or at the bottom, but otherwise, I have to drag and scroll pass hundreds of issues. Actually, I could see that working, but the scroll is slooooow, and it stops working unless I keep jiggling the mouse every couple seconds.
I've played with all sorts of ideas. I even thought of adding arbitrary divisions using psuedo-sprints that are never started, but for which I can use the "Move to" functionality to get the story idea to the approximate position and then slowly scroll from there. But that doesn't work, since once I add a new real sprint, I can't move it above these other ones.
How do you rank items in a backlog more than a few dozen issues? Currently, it is extremely tedious and unmanageable.