Hey guys,This is my first time posting a question on this forum and am hoping to get some answers!
I am trying to move a sub task from a bug type to an improvement type and am seeing some weird behavior on one of the 'Move Wizard' screens. Can anyone help me with where to find the place in JIRA where I can fix this or customize the Move wizard screen?
2-4-2015 6-18-11 PM.png
Both of those are non-standard "fields" in JIRA - if you had an off-the-shelf installation, you would not see them.
I suspect someone has used the JIRA Toolkit "message fields" to add informational boxes to some of your screens (especially as there's no such thing as "sub component(s)" in JIRA and it looks like you're using labels to try to do it)
These leak into the "move issue" screen because JIRA sees them as editable fields. They don't actually have an editable area, but they have to be shown as editable or they won't appear where you need them. The "move issue" process simply renders ALL "editable" fields here, and that's why they're appearing.
To address the specific fields you're getting
Hey Nic,
Appreciate the response! I'm not clear about the point 1.. Could you please elaborate a bit?
The field name that we are using is 'Confirm Issue Type IMPROVEMENT'. Do you want me to change the field name or the content inside the field ? Here is the field:
2015-02-04_202652.png
Sorry, I was not very clear there. Definitely field name. You can test it in a very obvious but ugly way by renaming the field from "Confirm Issue Type IMPROVEMENT" to "aaa Confirm Issue Type IMPROVEMENT". The aaa should force it to the top of the list. When you see that working, you can swap the aaa for a simple space or other ascii character lower than "a"
Hey Nicc,That didn't help.
Do I need to reindex after making the above change?
No, you only need to reindex on changes of issue data, this is a field setup thing. It seems to have worked ok on the dev Jira I've just tested it on - my message appears as the first field on issue move. So I'm not sure.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.