Hello,
I'm trying to to walk through this sample https://developer.atlassian.com/static/connect/docs/guides/getting-started.html
But I cant install this for my local instance. When I do my local jira returns:
The add-on you are trying to install is only available for Atlassian OnDemand. See our documentation for more information.
What am I doing wrong ? Am I not able to write OnDemand plugin through a local instance. If I cant do that how would I go about developing a plugin for OnDemand ?
You're not doing anything wrong, other than trying to install a Connect plugin on a Server version.
Connect plugins only work on Cloud/OnDemand so far.
Thanks Nic...So what is the best to do development for OnDemand plugins ? I definitely dont want to this on current OnDemand instance we use.
Why do the Getting Started docs linked to above suggest installing the hello world sample addon into the locally running (via the SDK) JIRA version if it cannot be done?
It can be done - the version the SDK spins up accepts Connect plugins. What has happened here is an attempt to install a Connect plugin on a local installation, rtather than a cloud or cloud dev instance.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.