Hi,
Firstly, sorry if this comes over as an easy question I could get the answer too from the docs/answers - I have honestly searched but can't seem to find a clear answer! I think I've just made a silly mistake somewhere but any help would be greatfully received!
We have just started using JIRA on demand. At the moment the business here uses a variety of tools for issue management and we want to switch everything to JIRA. The problem I have (which i think I can solve with JIRA) is that I need to have 2 different input forms for issues; One for business users that has a set of simple fields, one for the dev/test team that has more detail. I also need to make sure that when someone selects the the issue type the correct instance of the form is displayed (this will be one of our biggest barriers to adoption). Ideally I'd like to have the same fields associated with each issue type but with some hidden on the simple form - once the issues have gone through triage we will unhide the fields and fill them in for the users.
So far, I've created a simple issue type and tried to create a screen definition for it. However when I associate it with a project it seems to affect all the screens for that project. If I include fields in one issue type it seems to appear in the other.
As I said above, any help will really be appreciated!!