We are an OnDemand user
We have users utilizing IE9, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
The Edit in Office feature is not working on ANY of these browsers with our OnDemand environment. I've searched and located bugs logged that Firefox doesn't work (the workaround provided doesn't work) and issues that it's not supported in Chrome and Safari.
Here's the message for our IE9 user:
I wasted my last 90 minutes following instructions and making changes.
My problem is that the Office files attached to a wiki page open as read-only and cannot be saved back to Confluence.
I followed the instructions on this page, which seem to describe my problem.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Troubleshooting+Read-Only+problems+in+the+Office+Connector
I am on IE9 but saw that there were instructions about using Firefox. So, I installed FireFox and the add-on cited. Configured the add on as instructed but didn’t work.
I changed the properties of Word as instructed for Window 7 and still not working.
Also, as they state, the connector doesn’t work with Chrome.
In the meantime, during the process, every time I try to open a file I am presented 5 (five!!!!!) times with the screen attached.

Given that the issue presents with both browsers associated with the credentialing issue, I suspect that the problem may be in Single Sign On or Proxy/firewall with the OnDemand setup.
It is very frustrating!
Download and reattach is very time consuming for files that need to be managed frequently.
I followed the instructions for Firefox that were referenced in a ticket that referenced the documentation:
1) The documentation is not the same UI that is in OnDemand
2) The workaround DOES NOT work - I updated the ticket about the workaround with a screen recording and comments.
So, has anyone had success getting even IE9 to work in OnDemand and address the issue. If it is not a feature that can supported across browsers and provide intended functionality, seems that less frustration would be caused by actually removing this one.
Any ideas how my users can use this feature?