I as an administrator am able to add a Jira user as a "watcher", but one of my colleagues who is not an admin cannot. Is ability to add watchers an admin function only?
Seems like missing add watchers right. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions for how to set permissions
In addition, make sure your user has the Browse Users permission in JIRA.
How? How do I apply that to all the staff in the company that I want to be able to add as watchers? In the Manage watchers field I've got servicedesk users, anyone and any logged in user added. I've added tow different watcher add-ons added and still I'm denied permission when I try to add an end user as a watcher. Yes, I'm an administrator.
How do I apply that to all the companies end-users?
Are you sure it is not the end user that is causing the problem? They must have rights to view what you are making them a watcher of.
@Dave Gunn I know this is an old issue but what @John Garcia failed to mention it is the Global Browse Users permission that you grant at a Group level.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.