I am missing the install tab in my ondemand instance of jira and I want to load other plugins. How do I enable this?
Hi Justin,
Unfortunately you are not able to install plugins with the OnDemand versions of Atlassian's products. For more details on the restrictions with OnDemand have a look at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Atlassian+OnDemand+Plugin+Policy and http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Restricted+Functions+in+Atlassian+OnDemand
Not what you wanted to hear, but I hope that answers the question?
Andrew.
@Justin - my understanding is that it's a security and stability concern. OnDemand is shared hosting and if anyone could install any plugin they wanted there is a risk that a rogue plugin could compromise the OnDemand infrastructure.
I'm in no way saying that the OnDemand infrastructure is not robust, it's just that with any shared service the provider has to retain a certain element of control in order to maintain service levels.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.