I'm looking for ways to manage several teams working on the same project, with several "Views" to the same backlog (and I would like to do this in Jira+Greenhopper).
The following article makes a number of suggestions, but they seem to be outdated (or I don't see how they apply): https://jaibeermalik.wordpress.com/2010/07/22/using-greenhopper-to-manage-multiple-teams-in-agile/
I've tried setting up a single board with less filters, and then two more-filtered boards, and that makes it easy to manage the "Team 1 backlog" vs "Team 2 backlog" vs "Complete backlog", in the "Plan" view, but as soon as I create a sprint this seems to fall apart.
In Greenhopper 6 (it's all I've used, I can't comment on earlier releases) greenhopper seems to be set to assume that there is only one Sprint running at a time (which makes sense, for a single team), so that's where my "filtering" idea breaks down.
I've also considered setting up multiple projects (I assume that you can have at least one sprint running per project), but the problem then is that moving issues between teams' backlog becomes hard (or impossible?), as Issue Identifiers implicitly contain the project abbreviation.
Is there any way, with Greenhopper, to have multiple teams sharing an overall backlog with their own views, in such a way that issues can be moved from one team to the other if/when necessary (before they are included in a sprint, of course)?