Because it is Microsoft IE Do you try to check a settings? Compatibility mode? Maybe it will help you.
You'll need to do some more detailed debugging to find out why - when does it happen, what is the error message and so-on. Most importantly, you might want to find someone for whom it does not crash and check how your IE is set up differently from theirs (Cloud is working fine on my brief test on IE11 off-the-shelf, so it's either your configuration of IE, or I've not run into a page that causes an issue)
If he will upload a screen or more details then I can help.
Hi Nic, Ales. It's been crashing regularly when I try to edit in the Confluence OnDemand trial license we're researching. Pretty much whenever I try to edit a page (any page it seems), as well as crashing when editing spaces.
Mauro (from Atlassian support) kindly advanced this by email today (I believe Reference: JST-115331 ) by sharing (among other things) the following.
.. was able to find this bug related to that IE11 version that causes the browser to crash: CONF-34440. There is an IE patch mentioned that I believe it should solve the issue.For what I understand so far, IE11 crashes when using Confluence Hard to pinpoint a pattern, but crashing appears to happen when creating spaces or creating pages Firefox works fine so it is IE11 specific. .. default settings still cause the problem. browser IE11 version is 11.0.9600.16428 (affected by this bug: CONF-34440)
.. was able to find this bug related to that IE11 version that causes the browser to crash: CONF-34440. There is an IE patch mentioned that I believe it should solve the issue.
For what I understand so far, IE11 crashes when using Confluence Hard to pinpoint a pattern, but crashing appears to happen when creating spaces or creating pages Firefox works fine so it is IE11 specific. .. default settings still cause the problem. browser IE11 version is 11.0.9600.16428 (affected by this bug: CONF-34440)
I've sent a query to see of my IT helpdesk can assist with a patch - if anything else jumps out I'd appreciate hearing as can't really continue our trial license tests until resolved. Cheers - Hugh
I've got the same problem: IE 11 crashes while creating or editing Conflence pages. Unfortunately I couldn't access CONF-34440 article (no permissions). What IE patch is mentioned there?
I have the same issue. there is no errors, it just stop working/frozen and windows fan is running as if it is going to blow the computer.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.