why i am not able to create project?
Maybe because you aren't a JIRA admin?
There could be several reasons for that but I would expect that it comes down to permissions. In order to create projects you need to be a member of the JIRA Administrators group. This a global permission level. You can find out more about different levels of global permissions here.
Look at the upper right corner. There should be a "cog" icon if you're an admin. Right between a question mark icon and your user avatar...
I am logged-in as administrator... please help me identify whether I am logged in as admin or not?
How do i know?
If you do not have the icon "cog" you are not logged in as an administrator. By definition you will see the cog if you are an admin. Without the "cog" you cannot perform any administrative functions. Someone must have those credentials in your organization. They will have to go to the User Management | Global Permissions section and add you as a user to the JIRA addministrators (or JIRA System Administrator) group. See attached screen shot.
I dont have the icon "cog" between question mark and user avatar.... how do i get the admin rights?
The account I am logged in is created by me.
I got what the issue is.... thanks for helping me out...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.