Hi, I have a confusion about the Jira filter designs, need some comments on the same
Let’s Say, There are 1000 projects in JIRA and there is a custom field ‘Team’ which has many values but one of them is 'Spartans' which is only used by Project A and Project B. And there are 2 queries.
JQL 1: Project in (Project A, Project
AND Team = 'Spartans'
JQL 2: Team = ‘Spartans’
Logically, both the queries will return the same set of issues because for the field ‘Team’, Project A and Project B will only have the ‘Spartans’ as a value. But I would like to know if there will be a difference in terms of performance in both the queries. I am not sure how JIRA search for the issues, But in 2nd JQL will it look up all the projects? and in the same way when I have mentioned the project names will it reduce the scope of search from 1000 projects to 2 projects and reduce the response time And also helps to perform Jira better if we have too many board like these?
-Vineet