I'm a member of a small development team (we're just 3 developers) and I've been wondering if I can use JIRA as well for free.
JIRA server (host yourself) costs USD 10 for up to 10 users, see
https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/pricing/?tab=server
As far as I know, it is the same for Confluence. I don't know how you got 5 users for free. Maybe an old pricing structure?
[~mikkel christiansen] That is correct, JIRA licensing is the same as for Confluence - and as far as I know it's been that way for years, UNLESS you work for an organization that is non-profit or a charity. For those organizations, you simply have to qualify for a Community license: https://www.atlassian.com/software/views/community-license-request, and these are self-hosted licenses (not available for Cloud).JIRA and Confluence Cloud for 10 or less users is USD$10/month (each).
after 7 days of trial period you may shift to up-to-5-users free plan. 7 days are really nothing to understand the product and sooner or later your project team will grow to 5+ members anyway, so smart move from Atlassian IMO.
Is this still the case? Less than 5 users is free for cloud?
Just for those who had such plan once. I don't think it is available for newcomers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.