Hi Guys
Setting up Jira service desk for a big organization. I need to post a link to some web page (e.g. cnn.com) either through a request type or on the main customer portal page. Guys - this must be a simple thing. Please assist.
Thank you,
Levi
Hi Levi,
The 'Customer Portal' menu allows you to 'Edit Form' for each request type. In here you can use the 'Help and Instructions' field to create a link. There is an example in the edit page of using a link formatting to help you out with the syntax
Cheers,Paul
Ok, this is good but how do i get rid of the summary field?
The desire is from the main customer portal, not just to have 'request type' links, but a link that will simpley lead you directly to a web page (e.g. cnn.com) or alternativly will send you to a confluence page, for example - a news page, or a page with a list of links (Bassically just an informational page).
Hi Paul
Any directions?
Thanks,
Hi,
How to add a macro on the Customer Portal?
If it is possible, i don't want to use a field, i just want to add a info macro for the users with a link to our Confluence.
Look at the exemple from the Atlassian Portal: https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/3/create/20
Cheers & thank's.Capture 2015-08-02 at 11.16.24.png
Atlassian products are good, but you just blow all your time trying to make very small and simple things like to have a decent customer portal. To have the Knowledge base topics visible or to introduce a link to a webpage it's a big headache. After the logo and the colors, the personalization level it's almost zero...
FYI you can do this with the paid plugin, 'extension for jira service desk'. You can make a link per project or entire site wide. its under Project Settings -> Extension -> links
Hi JiraYOCould you provide a screenshot or a more detailed explanation? Because the only thing I can found is the new menu point "Dynamic Forms". It would be great to just add a new Request-Type and then get redirected to our product feedback page.
Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance!
Did you install "extensions for jira service desk" plugin?
Can you scroll on the left hand menu down to the bottom where it says "extensions" and then "links".
sorry i dont know, its pretty clear. Maybe clear your browser cache if you dont see it.
Hm are you using an on-premise solution? They distinct their apps by "Extensions for Jira Service Desk Cloud" and "Extensions for Jira Service Desk Server". And I tried all the service desk templates, I even deleted the project and recreated it. I cleared the browser cache (as a Dev the first thing I did) and even tried another browser (edge) without any extensions. Nothing appears. And their documentation isn't clear about what should appear and change within the service desk. I'm / We are going to use their cloud products, so I think there is a problem.
Anyway thank you for your time! I try my luck with their support. Let's see where this goes.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.