I have searched and found similar scenarios but a bit different and no solution.
Out of the box JSD is setup w/ an automation to transition on comment. Specifically there are two scenarios covered:
- if the status is "Waiting for Support" and a comment is added then it transitions to "Waiting for Customer"
- if the status is "Waiting for Customer" and the comment is added then it transition to "Waiting for Support"
Then there is the actual workflow transition "Respond to Customer" where you can add a comment in the pop up screen and the transition connects to "Waiting for Customer"
So what I want is for the transition to happen for #2 (back to support) as well as when the agent clicks "Respond to Customer" but NOT #1.
What I did was to remove #1 from the automation. However, after doing so the "Respond to Customer" transition doesn't transition the issue at all. Looking at the workflow the transition has the default post function - "Set issue status to the linked status of the destination workflow step."
I'm perplexed.