It means your board configuration is not including the issue for some reason. The board filter is often the culprit (e.g. the board says "all bugs and stories in project X" and you create a request-type in project X), but check also the columns (do you have the "new" or "open" status in a column?) and the quick filters in case you've hidden it with them. Also, if it's a sub-task and you're in planning, they won't show.
Sorry but I just started out with the site and I'm not sure what you mean.
You have a big pile of issues in JIRA. Your board is a view of the pile, and it says "only show issues that match these criteria (e.g. it's written on a green note)". There are some further "quick" filters that enable you to toggle more criteria (e.g. only show me notes written in block capitals)
You are creating issues that do not match the criteria, so it's not visible on the board after you create it.
Could you tell us what the issue type is for the new issue (and whether it's a sub-task type), where you are doing this creation and what the board filter is (under Board config)
Thanks for getting back to me. What I did is very basic and was just to try out JIRA. I created a scrum software project called "Test." Then, in the backlog, I created 8 issues titled 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8. They were all created the exact same way, by typing the number into the "create issue" field and then hitting enter, so I'm not sure how the criteria could be varying. Only 6 of them showed up, the other 2 were hidden.
The issues are all "story" type, none are sub tasks, the creation is being done in the backlog and the board filter under config is "Filter for Test Board."
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.