Hi - We use Confluence OnDemand. I inserted a table in to a page. One of my columns is a description and I need to expand the width of the column so the format looks better on screen. The widths/heights all look fixed and I can't seem to find a way to change the widths. Is there a way to do this?
Hi Sheila,We can't set a specific number to be the width, but you can press space to give that "extra" space in the column.
Hope this helps!Cheers,WZ
I tried that but it didn't work
See Controlling the Width of Table Columns using Advanced Tables for Confluence
Hi,
Re: Controlling the Width of Table Columns using Advanced Tables for Confluence
I'm trying to create tables with fixed column widths using Advanced Tables for Confluence, but I can't figure out how to use the Table Plus macro to do this.
No table appears on the page when I enter parameters in the 'Column styles' box in the macro.
The screenshot below shows that I entered parameters of 150px and 50px. When I clicked Save, no table appeared on the page.
Advanced Tables for Confluence.jpg
If you can provide any suggestions, that would be appreciated.
Regards,Shane
You need to create a table using the standard Confluence table editing support INSIDE the table-plus macro body.
Thanks for your answer.
But why do some tables that are given the same parameters in Table Plus come out differently sized?
For example, the two tables below are given the same parameters in Table Plus:
Tables -- Parameters.jpg
But those two tables end up differently sized:
Tables -- Rendered.jpg
I don't know. CSS can be a pain. Can you please open a support issue (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/TBL) and attach the page source (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/info/How+to+Get+Confluence+Storage+Format)
Thanks again.
I don't know how to create a support issue using the link you provided (https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/TBL).
Should I raise a support request as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Troubleshooting+Problems+and+Requesting+Technical+Support#TroubleshootingProblemsandRequestingTechnicalSupport-Raisingasupportrequest ?
Sorry, I created one for you: https://bobswift.atlassian.net/browse/TBL-431. You will need to login to participate - see https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/info/Help for instructions.
So, if you created the support issue, does that mean that my issue is being investigated, or do you need my input? If the latter, what procedure should I follow?
Regards,
Shane
You need to login, watch the issue, and provide the information I requested earlier.
Thanks.
And thanks for sending the link to: Column Width Example with Fixed Layout.
The instructions in that link seem to be fixing the problem.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.