I've added a custom field of type Remote System Reference. I can see this field appear on my JIRA items (like Bugs or New Features) but I cannot use the search to find JIRA items by the values I see in this custom field.
For example, if the value for my custom Remote System Reference field shows up as "Ticket #200 - Bad things 'happened'", I cannot find the JIRA item by using either the Basic or Advanced search.
In the Basic search, I pick my custom field from the More dropdown control and then enter Ticket #200 - Bad things 'happened' as the value and click the Update button (I have no other filter criteria). Nothing returns.
In the Advanced search, I type this (below) and nothing returns:
cf[10400] = "Ticket #200 - Bad things 'happened'"
I've even tried escaping the single quotes but that didn't make any difference.