I have the field, "Epic Link", as a field on Screen_A. Screen_A belongs to Issuetype_A. Screen_A belongs to field configuration_A. I use the "where is my field" functionality in JIRA, and it suggests that the field should be on the form.
But, it is not on the form. I re-index the data via JIRA. Still not there.
JIRA shows in the field configuration that this field is locked and that it is used by Greenhopper, yada, yada. That makes sense.
But. my problem: I have several issues that have been closed, but I want to associate them with the Epic to get a true picture of value produced and destination it has taken to get there, yada yada. But, I can't because a) the issue is closed and no longer present on the GH side to make the association, and b) I can't present the field on the form to make the association. And yes, I'm speaking about the latest Epic functionality from Greenhopper, not some legacy implementation of basic issue links that we once used.
Figured I'd ask my friends before seeking support from Atlassian.