I'd like to progremmatically append a string to the end of a wiki page/article on our wiki (using Java from play framework).
I tried going though the APIs but I didn't find any relevant methods to do so.
What should I do to acheive this?
You can do it like this:
//login to Confluence String token = service.login(user, passwd); // get page RemotePage page = service.getPage(token, "spaceKey", "page title"); page.setContent(page.getContent() + "<p>append here</p>"); //define the update options RemotePageUpdateOptions opt = new RemotePageUpdateOptions(); opt.setVersionComment("new update"); opt.setMinorEdit(true); // make some changes RemotePage updated = new RemotePage(); updated = service.updatePage(token, page, opt); System.out.println("Content updated"); System.out.println("content: " + updated.getContent() + "\nversion: " + updated.getVersion() );
For more information:
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Confluence+XML-RPC+and+SOAP+APIs
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Remote+Confluence+Data+Objects
https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Remote+Confluence+Methods
You can add a conflucense listener, https://developer.atlassian.com/display/CONFDEV/Event+Listener+Module
And when detecting the page is created/updated, and then you can update the content of the page by appending the string, please refer to ContentEntityObject class in conflucence api, it allows to get and set the body content. You can search the class from https://docs.atlassian.com/atlassian-confluence/5.1.3/
I don't need a listener, I want to append the string from a remote server on his call. When my remote server wants to append a string, then is when I want to trigger the API call, but I couldn't find a proper example to do so.
For those that just want to add text to pages (not do the programming part ), then modifyPage from Confluence Command Line Interface will do that. Use content to add text to the start of a page and content2 to add text to the end of the page.
And how can I do it programmatically? (an example or direction will be appreciated).
I made something similar (without the API function - raw xml) but it seems to not work when I try to insert html elements like <br /> - how can I update the pages with some basic html (specificly line breaks). - edit: I fixed it, the parser thought that it was a child node - though it shouldn't be.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.