When I export a page, the comments don't appear in the export, but they did yester day. I can't find what setting I might have tweaked to get them to export as well
There is another thread with information about different PDF exports with and without comments. Have a look at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/222441/export-to-pdf
that does not answer my question and reinforces my statement that there appears to not be a function to export comments. The guideance states "Generates a PDF file of all pages and blog posts in this space, including comments and attachments" but it does not! If I can't export or create a report of comments, then the app does not meet my needs.
this function may added in the future. At this time, if you want to export comments, it can only be done in XML
We have the same issue, same question. Using Confluence 6.9Page export to PDF does not contain the comments.Any idea?
I created a user macro which does the job: https://web-seitig.de/page-comments-user-macro-for-confluence-to-include-page-comments-in-pdf-export-and-in-print/50/
Stefan, how does one add a macro in Confluence Cloud...is that even possible? Am quite lost on how to implement the workaround. Any advice is welcome.
Jeff,
sorry, I have no experience with the Cloud Version of Confluence. I found a hint in https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Creating-a-User-Macro/qaq-p/200876"User Macros are a feature available in Confluence on-premise.
In Confluence Cloud you create custom macros (and other custom functionality) using the Atlassian Connect framework."
So just try or ask Atlassian. I hope that helps.Good luck.
Cheers,
Stefan
@Stefan Baader, many thanks for a script provided. I've created similar one for inline comments. Works on Confluence Server v.7https://gist.github.com/nikolayr/271a4ee16a83240602f2fd7a3dada339
We would really appreciate if there was a feature like this for cloud instances. Currently exporting pages to doc is not really working and crucial for us.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.